Talented chef and Van City United member Ima Moreno has secured us a commitment from the Vancouver’s http://www.nuba.ca/ to provide food Saturday at Queen Elizabeth Park. For $12 you’ll get a skewer of chicken, lamb or beef, plus a salad, rice and hummus – a nice, healthy meal. Get your pocket change ready for a delicious lunch!
Sunday, there will be a full menu to choose from at the Rusty Rail atop Grouse Mountain, also the location of our awards ceremony.
The countdown is on! We’re excited to let everyone know we’ve got some great sponsors on board, including The Disc Cellar, the BCDS, Grouse Mountain, Granville Island Brewery, Molson Coors, Rakes and Ladders and Moonrider Productions.
Mark Halliday of Moonrider Productions will be taking photos and video of our event, so be prepared to perform with a smile!
Excited for Provincials? Check out Megan Stewart’s article about our upcoming event! http://www.vancourier.com/sports/disc-golf-new-queen-elizabeth-course-teed-up-for-b-c-championship-1.1376306
Photo : Dan Toulgolet, Vancouver Courier
Registration closes at midnight.
Doubles: Queen Elizabeth extended course (3:45 player meeting, 4:00 tee off)
- Try your hand at the Queen Elizabeth course. $15 to play. Funds go to supporting the Provincial tournament, as well as for prizes for the doubles event. Pro and Am divisions will be offered based on the team composition (any pro on the team designates that team a pro team). Division champions will be crowned.
Queen Elizabeth extended course
- 7:00-8:00 Course set up
- 8:00-9:00 Check in
- 9:30 Player meeting
- 10:00 Round one tee off
- 1:00 Lunch (Meal truck on site)
- 3:00 Round two tee off
- 6:00 Course tear down
- 7:00 BCDS AGM: location, Hillcrest Community Centre, room 328 at (4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver, BC V5Y 2M4)
- Player pack distribution
- Catered buffet
- Make sure to check http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17889 for Sunday tee times!
- 8:45 Gondola opens
- 9:30 Tournament central open
- Remaining player pack distribution
- 10:00 First flight of players to be sent out, subsequent groups to be sent out in 10 minute intervals
- 3:00 Lunch, awards, raffles, prizes on the patio of the Rusty Rail (near grizzly enclosure)
The BCDS 2014 AGM will be held in conjunction with the Provincial Disc Golf Championship. The AGM will be after the second round of Provincials on Saturday September 20, in room 328 at the Hillcrest Community Centre (4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver, BC V5Y 2M4). The BCDS will be providing food and refreshments for all attendees, starting 30 minutes after the second round ends, or at 6:00 pm, which ever is later.
A copy of the agenda is available here, including the proposed changes to the bylaws . If you’d like to join the Board as an officer or volunteer, please Contact Craig Sheather.
The BCDS Provincial Championships will be help September 20 and 21 in the Lower Mainland. Two courses will be played, including a classic extended layout at Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver on Saturday, and a final 18 on scenic Grouse Mountain on Sunday. Participants can expect two days of quality disc golf experiences.